Listen to the latest Bad Cop News roundup with COP BLOCK
Who killed Victor White III?
Which employee of the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Outfit will be the first to speak out?
According to statements made by Louisiana State Police immediately after the incident, on March 2nd, 2014, 22 year old Victor White, III, of New Iberia, Louisiana, was stopped by police. Police suspected White was involved in a fight at a local convenience store. A deputy searched White, found narcotics on his person and arrested him. White’s hands were cuffed behind his back. He was placed in the back of a patrol car, then transported to the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office. Upon arriving at the station, White refused to exit the vehicle. As the arresting deputy called for assistance, White retrieved a handgun that he was hiding in his pants, then shot himself in the back. White was pronounced dead at a local hospital later that day.
In the five months that followed, the family was kept in the dark. No new information was released. Then, late last week, the Iberia Parish Coroner’s Office released the first page of the autopsy report. The autopsy, performed the same day White died, describes no back wounds at all. Instead, his cause of death is described as a gunshot wound to his right chest that passed through his left lung and heart, exited through his left armpit, and lacerated his upper arm. Although the autopsy still reports the official cause of death as suicide, the evidence suggests otherwise.
Yes, you read that correctly. The official police story, now corrected for accuracy by the autopsy is… White was stopped and thoroughly searched. Police found drugs, but no weapons. Then White, while seated in the back of a patrol car, with hands cuffed behind his back, miraculously produced a gun missed by deputies during their search. White then shot himself in the chest.
The claims made by the Iberia Parish personnel are ludicrous.
Fortunately, those closest to Victor – his parents Victor Sr. and his mother Vanessa, and the rest of his family – aren’t buying the story spun by those responsible. They started a GoFundMe campaign fundraiser, noting,
We are asking for your financial support as well as your prayers to help us bring to light the truth in this situation… We need to be able to produce an independent autopsy report… We vehemently disagree with its conclusion that my son shot himself in the right side of his chest while his hands were cuffed backward. This what they are asking us to believe is nearly if not completely impossible.
I’ve already put the unjust death of Victor White III on the radar of those active with the Louisiana-based groups listed at CopBlock.org/Groups, in the hope that someone invovled with one of those outlets will have the ability to dig into this situation.
How You Can Help
- Visit the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Outfit (300 Iberia Street, New Iberia, LA 70560) with a camera and ask questions. If you have a smartphone, stream the interaction so the footage is kept safely offsite. For related information see CopBlock.org/Apps Ideally, bring more than one friend as there is safety in numbers. If you’re new to such tactics refer to CopBlock.org/FilmThePolice
- Submit FOIA requests to gain all available information. For related information see CopBlock.org/FOIA Where lies exist there are bound to be discrepancies. Already, those involved have changed their reports, what else is outlying? Is there any dash cam footage (perhaps showing the sheriff’s employees involved)? Is there any surveillance footage from the facility (perhaps showing the shooting)? Of course, those privy to the information may choose to censor, well-aware that transparency will oust their misdeeds.
- Focus attention on those involved. Learn the names of those involved and make others aware. Share them via a post to CopBlock.org/Submit and, if you live in the area, knock on the doors of their neighbors and inform them of the situation. Ask them if they want to associate with someone who may have unjustly killed another.
- Give support to the White family. Those around Victor White III are looking for answers, and they deserve them. If you are in a position to help them achieve that goal – whether through your own investigatory skills, a donation to their GoFundMe campaign through which they hope to get an independent autopsy, or anything else, make it happen.
- If employed at the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Outfit – speak the truth. If you were involved, directly or indirectly, or if you’ve heard some information that’s not been made public, change the situation. If Victor was your son or your nephew would you remain silent? Do what’s right. Obey your conscience, not the thin blue line.
- Any other tactic that doesn’t involve the initiation of force. This list is not meant to be exhaustive. Follow the course of action you think best.
New Iberia Sheriff’s Outfit
My son didn’t shoot himself. I never believed it. I won’t believe it.
- Victor White Sr.
This story is reminiscent of a situation that happened in two years ago in Jonesboro, Arkansas, in which another gentleman – Chavis Carter – was claimed to have shot himself while handcuffed in the back of a road pirate vehicle. Carter, like White, was said to have committed suicide with a handgun that had been overlooked by his captors.
Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Personnel Claim The Impossible is a post from Cop Block – Badges Don't Grant Extra Rights
Direct Link Here
Cop BlockPodcast | Cop Block